- Chefs Cape Town Proprietary Limited (Registration Number 2015/352407/07) (“Chefs”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
- Certain pages on our website have been structured so that you can access our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. However, should you wish to make full use of our website you will be required to register and provide us with personal information and accordingly we have made this notice readily available on our home page.
When you register:
- you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
- you agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password and access to our website.
- Chefs will not share your personal information with those linked sites.
Types of information collected
When you register on the Chefs website we need to collect certain information about you in order to provide you with the services you have requested. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- Contact telephone and mobile phone numbers;
- Physical address for delivery;
- Payment details.
- The supply of personal information by you to Chefs is voluntary and not mandatory. However, if you choose not to supply any personal information, certain consequences may naturally flow from such a refusal, such as preventing Chefs from concluding or performing any contract with you, or preventing Chefs from complying with one or more of its obligations in law.
- Once you choose to register with Chefs and provide us with personal information, it will be used for the purposes of providing you with the requested service and in conformity with the provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25/2002; and in compliance with the conditions for lawful processing of personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4/2103 (POPI).
- We respect your privacy and undertake not to sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
- Certain non-personal information may be collected while you are using the website. This will comprise data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. Chefs may collect and use this non-personal information to evaluate how the Chefs website is being used.
- These technologies may vary, but in many cases may involve a small file stored locally on the computer used to access the Chefs website, and may be used to store and collect information relating to your viewing and use of the Chefs website. Information collected through cookies is used to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information we keep on individual users that details their preferences, their use and request history and behavioral activity, and can minimise the need for you to re-enter information.
- Chefs may collect your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address and domain name address, the identity of your Internet service or access provider, the type of web browsing software you use, your computer’s operating system, the URL of the web page from which you came to visit our website and the language you selected for your web browsing software (collectively referred to herein as clickstream data). We use these technologies to identify our users, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Chefs website and the services offered thereon.
- Chefs needs and uses your personal information to provide you with the services you request and to help us better understand your needs and interests in the future.
- Personal information given to Chefs may be transferred across provincial and country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management.
- When you register on the Chefs website we need to collect certain information about you in order to provide you with the services you have requested. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Sharing of your information
Chefs will not share personal information with any third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law.
- Should you share the Chefs website or any Chefs content on any social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn your activity may be visible to third parties depending on your chosen privacy settings on the applicable social media platform(s).
- Chefs’s Social Media Platforms
- Privacy preferences
Chef will not use your personal information for a different purpose than the one stated when you provided your data. You may opt out of communications about updated information, new services and marketing messages at any time.
Chef undertakes to take all reasonable measures to protect the information you provide us.
- Changes to this statement
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and Chefs, you consent to the jurisdiction of the Western Cape High Court (notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise be beyond the monetary jurisdiction of that court).
- Acceptance of policy